'Persons who recieved a ﬂu vaccine in 2003/2004 and/or 2004/2005 should be particularly encouraged to receive a ﬂu shot in 2005/2006 as they are likely to be more susceptible to this new strain than if they had not received their ﬂu shot in the previous 2 years.'
Flu vaccination has been scientifically proven to increase the hospitalization of babies:
With regard to VERO (Baxters and LAIV) line vaccine:
'As potential tumerigenicity was the main concern accociated with the use of these cell lines, studies were initiated using athymic nude mice and Syrian hamsters. The tests were negative in the hamsters, while the mice showed evidence of nodule formation at the inoculation site. However, even with well known tumorigenic cells, such as Hela or Hep 2 cells, no metastatis was observed in inoculated animals. When immunosuppressed newborn rats were innoculated with the tumeric cell lines, over 90% of the animals were positive for progressively growing tumours, and over 40% showed evidence of metastatis in the lungs 3 weeks later. Inoculation with Vero cells had no effect until the 169th passage level. Accordingly, the 137th passage level was used for the MWCB and the 142nd passage level was used for the production cell culture.'
Scientists raised concern in 2004:
'.. it is the genetic characteristics of chromosomes of cell lines that determines their tumorigenicity, but with species-specific carcinogenicity'
'The importance of assessing the tumorigenicity in cell sublines used for vaccine production is emphasised.'
'During tissue-culture passage, VERO cells can develop the capacity to form tumors. Although at the passage levels (around 140) currently used for vaccine manufacture, VERO cells are non-tumorigenic, questions have been raised about safety issues that might be associated with this capacity to acquire a tumorigenic phenotype. To begin to address these issues, the tumorigenicity of VERO cell lines, derived at different passage levels under different growth conditions, were evaluated in 365-day assays in adult and newborn nude mice. High passage (p>200) VERO cell lines established by random passaging in tissue culture produced tumors in adult (10 out of 27) mice and newborn (21 out of 30) mice, respectively. In contrast, a high passage (p>250) cell line established by passage at sub-confluence produced tumors only in newborn mice (16 out of 30). Progressively growing tumors began forming at 36 days in newborns and at 69 days in adults. Higher tumor incidences and shorter tumor latencies suggest that newborn nude mice may be more sensitive than adults in detecting the expression of a tumorigenic phenotype by some VERO cell lines.
However, from Baxter Bioscience, in 2009, just in time:
'These substrates are gaining increasing acceptance from regulatory authorities as improved screening technologies remove fears regarding their potential oncogenic* properties. The Vero cell line is the most widely accepted CCL by regulatory authorities and has been used for over 30 years for the production of polio and rabies virus vaccines.'
Despite search, I have been unable to find evidence to back the assertion of improved screening technologies which have removed the fear of potential carcinogenic properties. The new screening technology would have appeared between 2008 and 2009. If you are aware of evidence for such screening technology, please email me.
Whether or not VERO vaccine prepared at the 142nd cell line causes cancer in 2% of humans who are vaccinated, in my opinion it is criminal:
Wheras Baxters (7) and LAIV (8) flu vaccines are made with the VERO, some flu vaccines are made in an egg.
Flu vaccine made by the egg method include Fluarix. Although a 'cleaner' list of ingredients, possibly intended to deceive, appears in the electronic Medicines Compodium (eMC) http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2038/SPC/Fluarix#EXCIPIENTS (9); an alternate and likely accurate list of Fluarix ingredients - including formaldehyde - is hidden among the blurb of a large document by Fluarix manufacurers GlaxoSmithKline http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_fluarix.pdf (10) :
'FLUARIX is formulated without preservatives. FLUARIX does not contain thimerosal.
Each 0.5-mL dose also contains octoxynol-10 (TRITON ® X-100) ≤0.085 mg, α-tocopheryl
hydrogen succinate ≤0.1 mg, and polysorbate 80 (Tween 80) ≤0.415 mg. Each dose may also
contain residual amounts of hydrocortisone ≤0.0016 mcg, gentamicin sulfate ≤0.15 mcg,
ovalbumin ≤0.05 mcg, formaldehyde ≤5 mcg, and sodium deoxycholate ≤50 mcg from the
The tip caps of the prefilled syringes may contain natural rubber latex. The rubber
plungers do not contain latex'. (10)
eMC and GSK agree that Fluarix contains octoxynol-10 and polysorbate 80 (Tween 80). Women wishing to retain reproductive health may do well to consider:
'Neonatal female rats were injected ip (0.1 ml/rat) with Tween 80 in 1, 5 or 10% aqueous solution on days 4 - 7 after birth. Treatment with Tween 80 accelerated maturation, prolonged the oestrus cycle, and induced persistant vaginal oestrus. The relative weight of the uterus and ovaries was decreased relative to the untreated controls. Squamous cell metaplasia of the epithelial lining of the uterus and cytological changes in the uterus were indictive of chronic oestrogenic stimulation. Ovaries were without corpora lutea, and had degenerative follicles.' http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473002 (11)
Regarding Octoxynol-10, according to Suite 101: 'Vaccines contain many ingredients that are potentially damaging to fertility including detergents like triton X-100, also known as octoxynol 10 which is a known spermicide and has been used in experiments to "strip" sperm so that they are no longer capable of fertilizing an egg. In a 1977 study in the Journal of Reproduction and Fertility, triton X-100 was listed in a table of "most potent spermicides" that would produce 100% stripping of human sperm and the dosages needed for such an effect.' http://suite101.com/article/the-secret-sterilizing-ingredients-of-vaccines-a376233#ixzz1athd7jzB (12)
A personal observation is that pressed Apple and Ginger (I do not work for) http://www.ciao.co.uk/James_White_Organic_Apple_and_Crushed_Ginger_Juice__5612644 (16) drunk regularly when required is very effective.
A. http://arxiv.org/pdf/q-bio.BM/0503030.pdf Quantifying Inﬂuenza Vaccine Eﬃcacy and Antigenic Distance.
Vishal Gupta, David J. Earl, and Michael W. Deem
Emerging data on the safety and efficacy of influenza vaccines in children. Vesikari T. University of Tampere Medical School Vaccine Research Center, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland. [Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008]
2. http://www.who.int/rabies/vaccines/en/Laboratory_techniques_in_rabies_chapter26.pdf World Health Organisation.
3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15473315 Systematically experimental investigation on carcinogenesis or tumorigenicity of VERO cell lines of different karyotypes in nude mice in vivo used for viral vaccine manufacture. Zhang DL, Ji L, Li LJ, Huang GS. [Yi Chuan Xue Bao. 2004]
4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17933552 Assessing the tumorigenic phenotype of VERO cells in adult and newborn nude mice. Manohar M, Orrison B, Peden K, Lewis AM Jr. [PubMed 2008]
5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19397417 Vero cell platform in vaccine production: moving towards cell culture-based viral vaccines. Barrett PN, Mundt W, Kistner O, Howard MK. Baxter BioScience, Biomedical Research Centre, Orth/Donau, Austria. [Expert Rev Vaccines. 2009]
7. http://www.who.int/vaccine_research/diseases/influenza/WHO_Flu_Cell_Substrate_Version3.pdf World Health Organisation
8. http://www.mendeley.com/research/use-of-mdck-cells-for-production-of-live-attenuated-influenza-vaccine/ Use of MDCK cells for production of live attenuated influenza vaccine. , , ,
9: http://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2038/SPC/Fluarix#EXCIPIENTS Fluarix - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) - electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC)
10. http://us.gsk.com/products/assets/us_fluarix.pdf GlaxoSmithKline: Fluarix
11. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8473002 Delayed effects of neonatal exposure to Tween 80 on female reproductive organs in rats. Gajdová M, Jakubovsky J, Války J . Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine, Limbová, Bratislava. [Food Chem Toxicol. 1993]
12. The Secret Sterilizing Ingredients of Vaccines | Suite101.com http://joanna-karpasea-jones.suite101.com/the-secret-sterilizing-ingredients-of-vaccines-a376233#ixzz1athd7jzB
13. http://www.reproduction-online.org/content/51/2/383.full.pdf+html?sid=e13aec18-4f88-4ed2-9b68-1fb6cbec7d92 Assesment of spermicides by a stripping technique against human spermatozoa. Janet Brotherton. [Journal of Reproduction and Fertility. 1977]
14. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19933446 Mortality from lymphohematopoitic malignancies and brain cancer among embalmers exposed to formaldehyde. Hauptmann M Stewart PA, Lubin JH, Beane Freeman LE, Hornung RW, Herrick RF, Hoover RN, Fraumeni JF Jr, Blair A, Hayes RB. [J. Natl Cancer Inst. 2009]
15. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16437748?dopt=Abstract Macrophage-mediated inhibitory effect of Zingiber officinale Rosc, a traditional oriental herbal medicine, on the growth of infuenza A/Aichi/2/68 virus. Imanishi N, Andoh T, Mantani N, Sakai S, Terasawa K, Shimada Y, Sato M, Katada Y, Ueda K, Ochiai H. Department of Oriental Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Toyama 930-0194, Japan. [Am J Chin Med. 2006]